Tuesday, January 20, 2015

One Moment

It only takes a moment
                An unkind act
                An angry word
                A reckless thought
And everything changes.

In just one moment
                A doctor’s report
                An accident
                A storm
Everything changes.

What once was … Is now gone
                Comfort
                Security
                Relationship
Everything changed.

Darkness.

Despair.

It only takes one name
                “Jesus”
                One moment in time  - The cross, the grave, the empty tomb
                One word - “loved”

Hope rekindled

Light restored

Joy.

“Nothing in my hand I bring, simply to thy cross I cling …

Rock of ages, cleft for me, let me hide myself in thee.” (Augustus M. Toplady, 1740-1778)

No comments:

Post a Comment