Wednesday, June 11, 2014

God is God, whether we believe it or not.

I came across Romans 3:3-4 in my reading this morning. "If some did not believe, their unbelief will not nullify the faithfulness of God, will it? May it never be! ..."

How often we live as though something is only true if we believe it. What foolishness!

  • Does the postal service deliver my letters if I refuse to believe a stamp costs 46 cents and affix only 23 cents?
  • Will the police officer withhold my speeding ticket because I don't believe the zone is posted at 30 mph?
  • Will the teacher give the student an "A" who refuses to believe 2+2=4?

Yet how often is the love, mercy, and faithfulness of God discounted because of unbelief?
Perhaps if we start taking God at His Word, instead of following our own fearful thinking and insecurities, we would allow His faithfulness, lavish love and comfort to wash over us. We would obey the leading and counsel of His Spirit. We would hear His voice instead of the cacophony of voices surrounding us.

Father, impress upon our hearts the truth of who You are, Help us to take You at Your word today. Believing You is a choice. I choose to believe You today. And I have peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment