Saturday, June 7, 2014

Be Still

"Be still and know that I am God..." Psalm 46:10

There is something about the stillness and quiet of early morning that allows me to stop and think and ponder.  God knew what He was doing when He told us to "be still."  Reading through this verse I feel like the Lord had a message especially for me.

Be STILL - stop striving, relax, let go, be quiet.
and KNOW - intellectually, experientially, emotionally. Know it as a true fact, believe it, enjoy it.
that I -  not you, not them, not it, not a force, not a philosophy.
I AM - present tense, today, in this very moment, whatever you are facing, I AM. As I was, so I will be.
I am GOD - Almighty, Sovereign, King of the universe, majestic, omnipresent, totally sufficient, omniscient, unchanging.

I'll do my part, being God. You do your part, being still. And in the stillness meditate on who I am. Allow my peace to wash over you. Allow my strength to empower you. Allow my wisdom to plan your day. I AM GOD.

Amen! Hallelujah! Thank you, God. Help me to be still outwardly and inwardly. Cause me to remember always that you ARE, ever present, always the great "I AM."
Because you are the "I AM" I don't have to fear uncertainty, insecurity, instability, political upheaval, society or cultural depravity. I can rest, secure in You.

So I choose rest.


6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Angie. Hopefully I got this fixed now.

      Delete
  2. Rest is a beautiful thing! Love you Ruth!
    Paulette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is, Paulette! Goes right along with our Choosing Rest study Sunday mornings!

      Delete
  3. Amen!!! What a blessing to read this today! God has been showing me this same theme...Be Still...and all that it means. Love that He confirms it with your blog post!! Thanks dear friend! Cheryl D.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being still doesn't come naturally, does it? Still learning.

    ReplyDelete