Monday, January 30, 2017

Despair or Hope

"I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living." Psalm 27:13

These are disturbing days of protests, violence in the streets and anti-President rhetoric while Americans turn against one another. We seem to have forgotten who the real enemy is. These days listening to the news or trolling social media can cause one to despair.

Yet everywhere we turn we can see the goodness of the Lord if only we look for it!  Focusing on each other's short comings, hot-temperedness and objectionable opinions will not give us hope. Hope comes only from THE God of hope! Therefore I can say as the Psalmist continues in verse 14,

"Wait for the Lord; Be strong and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the Lord."
I choose to wait for Him.

He is "my strength and my shield. My heart trusts in Him, and I am helped; Therefore my heart exults, and with my song I shall thank Him." Psalm 28:7
I choose to trust in Him.
I choose to thank Him.

Listing ways I see the goodness of the Lord might be a good way to put my heart and mind to rest at the close of each day.

Rejoicing in Hope,
Ruth
"He is good; His lovingkindness is everlasting." Psalm 106:1 


No comments:

Post a Comment