Friday, December 18, 2015

O Come let us adore him….

  


 First written in Latin in the 1700’s, the words of the carol, O Come All Ye Faithful, still resound throughout the world as Christians gather to celebrate the birth of Christ.  

I looked up the word “adore” and found this meaning:  ‘to worship or honor as a deity or as divine, to regard with loving admiration and devotion, to love or admire someone very much, to take great pleasure in.” (Merriam Webster online dictionary)

So when we sing the refrain we are saying, ‘Come let us worship Him, let us give him honor, let us recognize that He is divine! Let us admire Him with unhesitating devotion’.  And I wonder if we really mean what we sing.

Jesus said if you love me you will do what I say. So if I truly adore Him my life will reflect a humble obedience to His lordship in my life.

Ah, so what is there about Him to adore?  I challenge you this Christmas season to make an A-B-C list of qualities you admire about the Lord Jesus. Maybe it could be a family activity.
Here are some ideas to get you started.

He is Almighty, Benevolent, Compassionate, Defender …

What will your list look like?
  
“And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother,
and fell down, and worshiped him.”  Matthew 2:11a

No comments:

Post a Comment