Friday, November 6, 2015

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

It's a beautiful day here in Kansas this morning. 
Birds are hopping around the bird feeder on the deck 
and I just picked these from my garden in the front yard.  


I have a steaming cup of coffee in front of me,

made with my favorite creamer, coconut, of course.
  
 The sun is streaming through the glass of the patio doors 
and the Christmas Cactus is getting ready to bloom.

I just got off a good long phone call with my daughter-in-law (so fun to chat with her)
and am looking forward to some Skype time with my daughter and family in Austria. 

Hardly feels like November in Kansas - especially as the weather man 
just predicted snow in some neighboring areas.

It's easy to find my heart rejoicing on a day like this. 
But what about later, 
when the ice and snow hits, 
health fails, and the energy wanes?
How will I feel when relationships struggle or bad news arrives?
Will I be grateful and rejoicing then? 

I hope so. But just in case, I'm going to post something to help me remember. This is what the prophet Habakkuk said about rejoicing in the down times:

Habakkuk 3:17-18 Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labor of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls: Yet I will rejoice in the Lord
I will joy in the God of my salvation.

So, today, a gorgeous fall day here in Kansas, I rejoice. 
And later when winter hits, I'll choose joy. 
How about you?



 

1 comment:

  1. I join you, Ruth, in choosing joy! Thanks for posting this great reminder!

    ReplyDelete