Thursday, November 20, 2014

A Brief Interlude



Sitting on my daughter's balcony in Spielberg, Austria, I am thankful.
It's beautiful here, surrounded by mountains.
Sounds of rushing water from the stream running past the property on its way into the river,
Snow on the mountaintops in the distance,
Sun radiating through the white wispy clouds...
All make me think of how creative our God is.
A flock of birds pass over the tops of the tall pines.
A train rushes by.
The sun warms my face even as I sit bundled up in coat, vest and fur-lined boots.
The outdoors SHOUT of the glory of God.
How majestic and awesome He is!
Mama nurses the baby, grandson is at kindergarten and Papa is at work.
All is peaceful.
And in these few quiet moments I reflect on the goodness of our God.
Birds caw, a dog barks, a plane flys overhead... and I give thanks.

"I will give thanks to the Lord with all my heart,
I will tell of all Thy wonders.
I will be glad and exult in Thee,
I will sing praise to Thy name, O Most High." 
Psalm 9:1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment