Thursday, March 26, 2020

"...Everything's going my way." Or IS it?


 

Remember the words from Rodgers and Hammerstein’s musical, Oklahoma ! ?
The refrain of the song, first published in 1943, goes like this:
“Oh what a beautiful morning,
Oh what a beautiful day,
I've got a wonderful feeling,
Everything's going my way.…"
 
That is what I felt like as I took my walk this morning.
After wet and rainy gloomy days,
The sun is shining,
The birds are singing and the sky is blue.
“Oh, what a beautiful morning.”
 
But what if it’s not? 
What if everything is not going my way?
What if the sun isn’t shining and the birds aren’t singing?
What then? 
 
What if I just got a disappointing phone call, or bad news, or had an unwelcomed development?
What if circumstances don’t give me a “wonderful feeling”? 
What then?
While walking I came across these words chalked on the cement:
  
 

 
 

And I thought to myself,
“No matter what –
Sunshine or rain,
Sickness or health,
Disappointment or fears,
Whatever happens, God’s got this!
God’s got ME!
He loves me... and HE IS GOOD!
 
Be encouraged today, friends.
God’s got YOU, too!
Blessings,
Ruth

No comments:

Post a Comment