Monday, April 9, 2018

Glorious Day



Yesterday was a cloudy, gloomy, blustery, cold and oppressive sort of day.
Seems like there have been a lot of them lately.
I miss the SUN. 
But today! What a difference!
It’s a clear, bright day without a cloud in the sky.
Sunlight is streaming through the windows.
The air is crisp, still, peaceful, calm.
Even the colors seem more vivid.
I feel my spirits lifting even as I type these words.

I got to thinking about what a difference a day makes.
And I thought of Heaven.
This world we are living in is like living in a fog -
oppressive, gloomy and gray, blurry and indistinct.

But one day!
Oh! On that day,
When we see Jesus,
the difference will be astonishing,
everything will become clear -
colors brighter, distinct, glorious
and shining with the radiance of the SON!  

“For now we see through a glass darkly, but then face to face. Now we know in part, but then we shall know even as we are known.” 1 Corinthians 13:12 

 "What A Day That Will Be"  - by Jim Hill.

There is coming a day when no heartaches shall come
No more clouds in the sky, no more tears to dim the eye
All is peace forevermore on that happy golden shore,
What a day, glorious day that will be!

What a day that will be when my Jesus I shall see,
And I look upon His face, the One who saved me by His grace;
When He takes me by the hand and leads me through the Promised Land
What a day, glorious day that will be!

There'll be no sorrow there, no more burdens to bear,
No more sickness, no pain, no more parting over there;
And forever I will be with the One who died for me,
What a day, glorious day that will be!

When that day comes, I know where I’ll be.
And up there, friends, the SON is always shining!

Blessings,
Ruth 🎔


1 comment: