Saturday, July 2, 2016

One Thing

We know that life on this earth is temporary.
We know that our days are numbered.
Intellectually we know this.

But today… today came reminders
                That life changes – ready or not,
                Whether we expect change or not,
                Whether our work is finished or not,
                Whether we’ve made peace with friends and family,
                Or Not.

This morning we learned of the sudden, unexpected death of a friend.
Then this afternoon the street near my home was blocked by police, fire and ambulance vehicles. A wheeled stretcher waited outside the door of a house in our neighborhood. And I wondered – did they know when they woke up this morning that they would be calling 911 today? And today our daughter had a harrowing experience when the wheel of her car came OFF while she was driving. I shudder to think what could have happened had she been driving on the Autobahn at the time.

And so, I stop to think –
What is truly important?
What of significance would remain done, or undone, if today is all I have?

So – to friends and family out there I want you to know that I love you.
Your friendship means the world to me.
Most of all I want to spend eternity with you in the place HE has prepared. 
And making sure of that eternal destiny – that is THE ONE THING you must not leave undone.

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.  John 3:16


No comments:

Post a Comment