Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Safe Landing


"Jesus Christ is not my security against the storms of life,  but He is my perfect security in the storms. He has never promised me an easy passage, only a safe landing." 
(From Streams in the Desert)

No easy passage is guaranteed, but we can have a safe landing in a promised destination.
What a comforting statement!
Many miles of travel has reinforced for me the importance of safe arrival at the desired location. And as it is true for travel, it is especially true in this journey of life.
For some, the path is long and for some it is short. 
One of my favorite quotes is one by Dave Dravecky, 
"The length of our journey never alters the reality of our destination." 
The true path is narrow and there are obstacles and distractions along the way.  
But we can know that we will arrive at the promised destination if we follow the guide! 
He knows the way, 
He IS the way.
Without Him we are hopelessly lost.
With Him we have a safe landing.

Walk with me today, Lord Jesus,
     and I'll walk with you.
Talk to me today, dear Father.
     Tell me what to do.
Keep me on the narrow path
     when my feet are prone to wander.
Help me focus on the truth
     and my home up yonder -
Where the sadness and the sorrows of this life will be no more,
Where my eyes will be beholding the One we now adore. 
And forever reunited with those who've gone before,
We will worship at the feet of Him -
The Life,
The Truth,
The Door. 

Thank you, Father, that we can know the way because of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment