Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Early in the Morning

“In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice;
In the morning I lay my requests before you
and wait in expectation.” Psalm 5:3

What is it about early morning that makes it easier to draw close to God?
Maybe it’s the quiet peaceful calm before the bustling activity of the day.
Or before the noise of a wide-awake world hurrying to get to the next place, do the next thing, and accomplish the next endeavor clangs into our consciousness.
Or before the demand of the urgent, knocking so loudly, drowns out the still, small whisper of His voice.

Ah! The blissful strengthening balm of early morning moments with Jesus infuses peace and calm and courage. Holy moments bring order to a day that otherwise might deteriorate into chaotic disarray.Priorities are set, perspective is established, and the day comes to order.

The writer of the Gospel of Mark records at least four things that happened early in the morning:
Mark 1:35 Very early, while it was still dark, Jesus went to a solitary place and prayed.
Mark 15:1 Very early in the morning the religious leaders made their plans, bound Jesus and handed Him over to Pilate.
Mark 16:1-2 Very early on the first day of the week the women went to the tomb to anoint the body of Jesus.   
Mark 16:9 Jesus rose from the tomb early on the first day of the week.

Jesus’ work and the devil’s work began early in the morning. It’s best we are with Him at that time of day.  Jesus was praying. He was active. His followers were seeking him!
Satan was active also, filling men’s hearts with evil murderous plans. 

God, I want my day to be ordered by You – my plans to be Your plans.
Early I want to be seeking You.

“O God, You are my God; early will I seek You…” Psalm 63:1(a) NKJV

No comments:

Post a Comment